Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Primary





I've received the rights to the ebook I published with KnitPicks last year, Twentieth Century Graphic, and it's been cool reworking the designs in new colors, new yarns, and new sizes.

I intended this design, the Saturated Shawl, to be knit in primary colors and gray, but KnitPicks discontinued its yellow Gloss Fingering, so I had to adjust. But now, thanks to my awesome sample knitter Pat and The Verdant Gryphon, I have my dream shawl, knit in Verdant Gryphon Bugga! You can now purchase the individual pattern from the Verdant Gryphon here.


This is no timid triangle shawl; it's about 90 inches wide and 30 inches deep. You don't need to worry that this will look like a bib if you don't wrap it correctly.


This is going to be my statement piece this spring.


Interesting note: The black building behind me is the bodega nearest my current apartment. It's called Ace Grocery. It looks closed even when it's open. I have not yet gone inside.

No comments: