Sunday, July 8, 2012

While I Was Out: Color CHALLENGE Pattern

While I recover from jetlag and savor the memories of vacation, let me take a moment to present the designs that were published while I was away. Design 1: Color CHALLENGE!


This design was inspired by The Fiberists' yarn. The Fiberists create their colors based on plants, animals, minerals, and the like, and give them the scientific names of said plants, animals, and minerals. I love this concept, and as soon as I heard about the yarns I knew I must design with them. For this design, I chose something outside my usual palette, Cornus florida (Flowering Dogwood) for the central panel.


Here, my sister rocks the design, which is modular and knit in one piece. Super simple, and a great way to use up some stash! The pattern is free on the Fibre Space blog—enjoy!

1 comment:

MorningSprite said...

Since you were at fibre space, I have purchased more and more yellow yarn, and am presently knitting a grey and yellow argyle vest. It's infections!