Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Getting nicer

It's WHITE!!! It's starting to feel clean and bright. Chris painted it with a sprayer; we'll be adding yellow by hand when it gets a little warmer out.


Even the men's toilet area got a coat of primer.


It's nice to have a professional painter in the family. Thanks, honey. (This is the appropriate headwear for painting using a sprayer, I learned.)


For those of you who may have forgotten that I knit, behold! Pile of swatches for January and February projects! In a few months I'll have a landslide of new designs to show, but for now it's all secret, knitting as fast as I can.

I've been working with some predictable color combinations, like my very favorite, primary color variations. I got to meet Sarah, The Plucky Knitter, at a trunk show at Another Yarn a few weeks ago and purchased some of her yarn. When I got home, I noticed its resemblance to the colors I was currently using for a new design. Rear yarn cakes: New design. Front yarn skeins: Plucky Knitter.


Here are some of the usual suspects, lined up for a new project.

And some perhaps less predictable choices. The yarns below are KnitPicks Palette, and the color on the far left, which is one of my new favorites, is called Mai Tai Heather.


Expect to see all these colors making appearances shortly!

3 comments:

by Annie Claire said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with. Oh and look at all that space - you must be giddy!

Thea said...

Everything is looking good! I'm doing greens and purples on the scarf - will be to the stripes in a few days and can show you!

jsdknits said...

Now, this is fun! Looking forward to more revelations - both in yarn and studio space.