Monday, July 23, 2007

An obscure encounter.


First, I present an exactly halfway done Mermaid! I'm not sure if I'll fall off the back of the peloton, but I have high hopes for a dramatic finish!

But on to yesterday's encounter. On our way home from our Nashoba Valley (ready: HILLY) bike ride, Chris and I passed the following sight. We stopped, and I jumped out to take photos and ask some questions. I mean, wouldn't you want to ask some questions?This is a homemade cart made by Lee Horselogger. He has driven this cart, pulled by two hard-working but unfriendly horses, from Montana to Boston. Seriously. See his website. It's just one hermetic man from Montana and his dream. Here he is:This photo doesn't do him justice; the sun was behind him. See his site. Seriously.

4 comments:

Macoco said...

The mermaid looks great! That man is so cool - I think it's so sweet that he went to Revere to visit his childhood sweetheart!

knitnzu said...

Your mermaid is looking FABulous!! Lee's writing reminds me of my uncle (brother to my biol father Lee), though Lee is much more upbeat. What a great thing to do rather than sit home and suffer with cancer.

Bambi said...

Lee is an inspiration. What a reminded as to what life is really about. You were so fortunate to have met him. Thanks for sharing his site. Oh, the mermaid is divine!

Anonymous said...

did your blue Mermaid turn purple? and did you knit a sleeve already? I'm almost done with the body, hope to finish it before the TdF finishes. we'll both be in the back of the peloton then.