Wednesday, July 18, 2007

a bad day.

So yesterday I went on a bike ride, intending to go to Target and get this dress. However, on the way, I rode over some metal shard shed by a passing car. My tire was lacerated and went flat in about 2 seconds.

Which meant a quick trip to the bike store for new PUNCTURE RESISTANT tires. I believe they're called "armadillos," but I was too bummed to really pay attention.

Why so bummed? On the drive to the bike store, I noticed that my Mermaid had a HUGE mistake about three inches from the beginning of the body. And yeah, since the last photos I had done a lot more. The body was kinda like half way done.

Now it's about 3 inches done.

On a nicer note, this article was in the NYT online today:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/17/health/nutrition/17essa.html?em&ex=1184904000&en=445dd068a9c39626&ei=5087%0A

4 comments:

Elinor said...

Wow, that sucks about the tire!!!!!! Just think, it would have cost a lot more if it had been a car tire!

Thanks for the link! I'm going to pass that on to some other cyclist friends!

Bambi said...

sucks about the Mermaid too. But I love the bike article and have forwarded it to all my aged fifty-something friends who rip up the roads around here. Oh, the Target dress is fantastic!

Sarah said...

Oh, so sorry about Mermaid and the flat! That's tough! Hoping you have better luck this time with Mermaid and the fresh tires too. :-)

Macoco said...

Oooh a flat tire and a knitting mishap? That's just not fair!

I did really like that article though. I'm always amazed at how bikers come in all shapes, sizes and ages.