Monday, March 12, 2007

Parade o' Hats begins!



The weekend was focused on hats. I finished two, both from fantastic patterns. The one on the right is the Snood from Domiknitrix, made from a little over one skein of Crystal Palace Shimmer in black.


I haven't been able to find Shimmer at any local yarn stores, but ordered this from Royal Yarns, which got it to me really quickly, considering that the color was backordered! I followed the pattern exactly, and what a well-written pattern it is. I'm looking forward to making several projects from this book. First? The Slink, also made of Shimmer, which I've decided I like a lot. Stretchy! Soft! Shiny without being gaudy!

Below are both new hats in the sun on my Real Wood Desk. On the left is a hat from Knitting Nature... I believe it's called the "droplet hat." 1.5 skeins of Noro Cash Iroha in color 94. Worn all day Saturday in soft comfort with no itch.

Also a fun pattern to knit, creating the kind of sculptural, worked fabric that I enjoy in small quantities (why all the bobbles on sweaters lately? I know I'm not the only one wondering about this).

In progress now: several designs.

No comments: